My HOME'S in Alabama

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Poster Party

Right now there are about 40 11th graders in my garage (instead of the driveway, because of rain) making posters, blowing up balloons and painting t-shirts for the high school pep rally tomorrow. They are laughing, talking, eating pizzas and brownies and (even though it makes me feel extremely OLD having an 11th grader), I can't think of anything I could be enjoying more.
It's such a nice feeling to watch kids playing in the rain, picking on each other and giggling. I guess I'll only be able to host poster parties one more year, so I'm enjoying every minute. I can still see the faint marks of paint and magic markers on the driveway from last year, and I find an occasional spec of glitter....I love it!

3 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Blogger Angel Feathers Tickle Me said...

Love to all......

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger Sara Quinn said...

Cherish every minute - it seems as if two or three weeks ago you were giggling with your friends in my driveway, practicing cheers in the yard and enjoying being a teenager. Thanks for bringing back the memories.

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Amy R Shipp said...

I love high school pep rallies! (Not that I've been to one in a while...) Go Wildcats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home