My HOME'S in Alabama

Thursday, August 03, 2006


One Fish, Two Fish,
Red Fish, Blue Fish
Remember the fantastic creatures of this book, like the Yink who likes to wink and drink pink ink? And the Zeds who have only one hair on their heads, or the seven-humped wump owned by Mister Gump? All of these wonderful characters came flooding back to my mind when I started counting all the fish Terry caught at Weiss Lake.

Just as I'll never quite understand what a Gack is, I'll never really know the appeal of getting up before daylight, usually in non-desirable temperatures and sitting patiently in a boat with a stick in my hand. Although, because Terry loves this ritual, he's always bringing home plenty of fish to eat!

And that's really good, Sam-I-am, because we do not like green eggs and ham. We do not like them in a box, we do not like them with a fox; we do not like them in the rain, we do not like them on a train......

2 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's MY stinkin' fish?!?! I'm waiting with baited breath. Ha!

 
At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is absolutely no better "eatin" than Terry's fish ! Thanks, Ter, for getting up at in the dark in terrible weather so we can all enjoy your fish. Guess we remind him of the little red hen, come to think of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home