My HOME'S in Alabama

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

TOP TEN
"ORGIASTIC FEASTS FOR THE SENSES"

While watching my favorite re-runs of Seinfeld, Kramer described a piece of fruit as an "orgiastic feast for the senses" and I thought of some of the 'give-you-chills' feasts for the senses that I've had:

1. Listening to the Auburn Marching Band in Jordan-Hare Stadium playing the Auburn Fight Song
2. Singing along in the car (loudly! and knowing every word) to "Pour Some Sugar on Me"
3. Riding in a convertible on a summer night listening to Jimmy Buffet belt out the "Great Filling Station Holdup"
4. Smelling Mom's cooking! (some favs include: fried okra, mashed potatoes, cornbread, squash casserole and country fried steak)
5. Running through the "victory line" on Friday nights when I was a cheerleader at Fort Payne High
6. Hearing the Alabama Band sing "My Home's in Alabama" at the June Jam
7. Shelling peas and making cakes with my grandmother when I was little
8. Flying my first solo flight in a Cessna 150
9. Seeing Lionel Richie in concert (and in person!)
10. The Auburn Marching Band in Jordan-Hare Sta.....(did I mention this one already?) LOL

THREE DAYS TO KICKOFF! Check out the countdown to kickoff at www.auburntigers.com
WAR EAGLE !!!

2 Comments:

At 7:00 AM, Blogger Sara Quinn said...

Loved this post !!!! Many of the things that appeal to your senses are my favs also - imagine that !

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Heidi MacInnis said...

I'm right there with you on #2! It's on my MP3 player.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home