My HOME'S in Alabama

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Will qualifies for the US Junior Amateur Championship!


Shooting an impressive 73-70 in Monday's Gulfport, MS Qualifier (yes, 36 holes in one day!), Will was low medalist, beating out Georgia's junior amateur champion, James White, and UMS Wright's Bobby Wyatt, winning the opportunity to play in the US Junior Amateur Championship in St. Louis, Missouri in July. He will join 155 other junior golfers from around the nation to compete for this prestigious title. This has been his ultimate goal in junior golf, and we are so proud for him to have accomplished it. Congrats Will!! We love you!! St. Louis, here we come!

4 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Blogger Sara Quinn said...

I could not be prouder of Will. I have watched him leave home before daylight and return home after dark many times practicing to improve his skills as a golfer. Hard work does pay off and he has worked very hard for this.

Congratulations, Will. We love and are pulling for you.

 
At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is amazing! Congratulations Will! I am so proud of you!

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger Amy R Shipp said...

Is there a limit on how many times a person can say, "I'm sooo proud of you!" ??? Because I've probably said that to Will about 4 million times in his life so far.

I kind of feel sorry for aunts around the globe. I got the BEST NEPHEW EVER, and everyone else got stuck with honorable mention nephews.

 
At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home